2014 Fellowship Program: Support Center Technician
This placement is for Tech Collective's 2014 Fellowship Program. The program is eligible for college/university seniors graduating in the class of 2014 with an IT/CIS or bioscience degree or industry-recognized certificate. The paid Fellowship position will run 10-12 weeks from June - August 2014, with a potential full time position available upon completion.
For more information about Tech Collective's 2014 Fellowship Program, visit - http://www.tech-collective.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=146
Job Title: Support Center Technician for IT Consulting Practice
Company Location: Pawtucket, RI
Number of Hours per Week: 40
Weekly Stipend: $600.00
Start Date: June 16, 2014
End Date: September, 5 2014
Positions Available: 1
Summary: This company?s engineering and consulting practice is focused on planning, designing, implementing and managing technology solutions for their clients. This position of Support Center Technician will include taking in-bound support tickets by phone and email for the purpose of resolution or escalation to the engineering team.
- Basic computer networking skills
- Technical skills will vary and will grow with exposure to circumstances on the job
- Troubleshooting skills required
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to effectively communicate and learn from the team
- Personable ? customer facing
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Take in-bound support tickets by phone and email for the purpose of resolution or escalation to engineering team.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Certificate program related to IT ? or higher
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
Only graduating seniors in the Class of 2014 or students who graduated in December 2013 and who are not employed in the IT field, are eligible to apply. Interested candidates can email their cover letters and resumes by Wednesday, June 25, 2014 to:
Please indicate ''Summer Fellowship'' in the email subject line, and include the title of the position for which you are applying.