2014 Fellowship Program: Junior .Net Developer
This placement is for Tech Collective's 2014 Fellowship Program. The program is eligible for college/university seniors graduating in the class of 2014 with an IT/CIS or bioscience degree or industry-recognized certificate. The paid Fellowship position will run 10-12 weeks from June - August 2014, with a potential full time position available upon completion.
For more information about Tech Collective's 2014 Fellowship Program, visit - http://www.tech-collective.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=72&Itemid=146
Job Title: Junior .Net Developer
Company Location: Cranston, RI
Number of Hours per Week: 40
Weekly Stipend: $600.00
Start Date: June 16, 2014
End Date: September, 5 2014
Positions Available: 1
Summary: Outstanding opportunity for application developers to work with a growing, dynamic company in the Cranston area. This opportunity will offer a challenging and exciting work environment, great benefits and a defined career growth path.
- General SQL database knowledge
- Web Services - 1 to 2 years of Web Development is the ideal technical background.
- Similar experience with other languages is also preferred.
- Similar experience as a .Net developer or PHP or equivalent language will also be considered.
- An understanding of Web services and Web Servers is preferred.
- A sharp, analytical mind with the drive to get things done
- Professional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail, ability to effectively communicate and learn from the team
JOB DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assigned to development tasks that will enhance and create new functionality.
- Assist with the design of components and resolving/troubleshooting issues found within the application.
- Will test and document functionality.
- Majority of the development work will be with .Net Web Applications.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related major
Only graduating seniors in the Class of 2014 or students who graduated in December 2013 and who are not employed in the IT field, are eligible to apply. Interested candidates can email their cover letters and resumes by Wednesday, June 25, 2014 to:
Please indicate ''Summer Fellowship'' in the email subject line, and include the title of the position for which you are applying.